Sunday, March 25, 2012

Spring Break 2012... Life

This post has nothing to do with DIY-ing (for that you have to wait for tomorrow).  It's a little of my life post. I wanted to share a few pictures of our weekend away in Newport, Oregon. Lucy and I left Cole for the weekend and visited with my Momma, Sis and Dave (Sis's boyfriend). Oh yes and who could forget Moose and Elle, Nikki and Dave's dogs. We had a nice relaxing weekend. We ate lots of good food, went to the beach and visited the Newport Aquarium. Here are a few pics to detail our mini vaca...

 I loved this Sea Anemone
 Mom Me and Lucy
 The aquarium has the coolest jelly fish exhibit. Lucy loved them too.
 Had to make a Lucy switch she's getting heavier.
Best photo ever, Lucy in the Passages of the Deep tube looking at the sharks with Aunt Nikki.








 Lucy enjoying the best grilled cheese of all time at Local Ocean the resturant Nikki used to work at. It was amazing!
Sunday morning walking down to the beach to find Dave surfing.

 Crossing the river in our rain boots.
 Me, Sis and Lucy who couldn't take her eyes off of Moose digging a hole.
Nikki and Elle Belle popping her collar
 Dave coming out of the ocean.
All in all it was a nice weekend away. Lucy and I had an eventful drive home too. We stopped at what I thought was a thrift shop but instead there was a Johnny Cash cover band playing (weird I know). We found ourselves toe tappin in the middle of the day in the middle of nowhere. It amazes me every day how much fun I have with my daughter. Later in our drive home we pulled over in a town called Manzanita to buy some diapers because I apparently forgot to pack enough. There we found ourselves giggling up and down the block, bouncing up and down skipping up the street. It was moments like those that make being a mom the best thing ever.

1 comment:

  1. We had a great time with you, mom and Lucy! Come back and play again! Love you.

    ReplyDelete