Thursday, March 15, 2012

My Love of Spray Paint...

After I discovered Pinterest my crafting went through the roof. I wanted to share some crafts that were inspired by Pinterest which in turn inspired, If She Can Do It So Can I. I also would like to make a promise that I will start to document my future crafts better, as requested by my Sis. Pictured below are several beloved mason jars that I taped off with blue painters tape in the ever popular Chevron print. I gave the jars one good coat of white spray paint and presto magnifico... Lovely table decor! Since I made these before Christmas I was in a blingy mood and added a layer of clear glitter by painting on modge podge... Insert a candle and these suckers are beautiful .
I even tried my hand at tinting the jars. I mixed equal parts white glue and water with a couple of drops of food coloring. Then I poured the solution into the jar and coated all the sides. I did this several times over the course of an hour to make the color more vibrant. The extra solution pools at the bottom so just use that the swirl aroud the jar.

No comments:

Post a Comment