Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Scarfing Time

 
 
Last night was a night of the good, the bad, and the ugly. Take it as you will. We will start at the beginning when Cole asked me to make our favorite Chicken Pot Pie by The Pioneer Women. Her crust is amazing too. Anywhoo, the recipe calls for white wine, so there I was opening a bottle of wine on a Monday knowing full well that the Packers were playing (Cole's favorite team). I knew that I was in for the long haul of football... Be it win or lose. (Thank GOD I did drink cause the game was ugly last night.) The Pot Pie turned out perfect!

After dinner and after Lucy was down for the night, I sat there on the couch getting buzzed on wine Pinteresting away when I came across this great tutorial on scarves. I am on a scarf kick since it is fall. Thanks to my liquid courage I felt pretty crafty and decided to give it a whirl. I found one of my favorite vintage tee's that I got from a second hand store years ago. It had holes the size of my thighs in it, but I could never part with it. Therefore I up cycled it!





I cut it (not so straight) about 3/4ths of the way up.
Then I fringed it at the bottom...
Then I pulled each piece of fabric ...
Then I posed...



Then I tried and failed to up cycle the rest of the fabric...

At least I tried...This may belong on Pinstrosity (This site was just introduced to me and I freaking love it...Please go look at it.) Next I went to bed since the game was going down hill and watched Housewives of New Jersey. Don't ask me why but I love it.

1 comment: